Hiding e-mail address in the To: box Outlook 2003

Old March 30th 08, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
FrankO

Default Hiding e-mail address in the To: box Outlook 2003

Is it possible to send e-mail to a list of recipients without any of the
other recipients being able to see the e-mail addresses of the others?
I have tried various ways, but in my tests the addresses of everyone on the
list is available and visible.
--
FrankO

Old March 30th 08, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Either use a mail merge or the BCC field.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, FrankO asked:

Old March 30th 08, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sandy

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Either use a mail merge or the BCC field.

--Â

Old March 30th 08, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sandy

I came to this list with the same question. Is there a way to show just the
addressee's name (without the email address) in the To: box?

Old March 30th 08, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You would have to change the Email Display As field for each recipient to do
that. There is no logical reason you should need to do so, but have at it if
you think there is.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old March 30th 08, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Charles W Davis

Even if you do that, any one of the recipients can Reply and then see them.
As Milly said, the Bcc route is the way to go.

Old March 31st 08, 12:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Evgeny Grischenko

Hi!
this small add-in for MS Outlook might help you:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/
you can use a number of recipients or a distribution list in the TO: field,
and the program will send a personalized message to all recipients with only
one recipient visible in the incoming message - the one to whom it is sent.
_________________
Eugene Grischenko
MAPILab Support
http://www.mapilab.com

Old March 31st 08, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John[_5_]

"FrankO" wrote in message
Is it possible to send e-mail to a list of recipients without any of the
other recipients being able to see the e-mail addresses of the others?
I have tried various ways, but in my tests the addresses of everyone on
the list is available and visible.
--
FrankO

Send the message to yourself and put all of the other recipients
in the blind carbon copy (BCC) field.