import .pst file

Old January 19th 06, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ginger

Default import .pst file

Hello,

I just had to reinstall Outlook and am having trouble reconfiguring my system.

On the properties menu I have my email account configured. I can send a
test message OK. When I try to add a .pst file an error message appears that
says "this file is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders
information service. Please contact your administrator."

What does this mean? Just yesterday I had this .pst running on my Outlook.
Some glitch occured and Outlook would not open properly--so i uninstalled and
reinstalled. As I recall, I was using Outlook 2003. This is Office XP and
Outlook 2002.

Thanks,
Ginger Shaw
Old January 19th 06, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It means what it says. PST files created in Outlook 2003 are not compatible
with earlier versions.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 19th 06, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Ginger wrote:

On the properties menu I have my email account configured. I can
send a
test message OK. When I try to add a .pst file an error message
appears that says "this file is not compatible with this version of
the Personal Folders information service. Please contact your
administrator."

What does this mean?

Just what it says. You can't use an Outlook 2003 PST in any earlier version
of Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman