Outlook 2007 freeze for 2 second on every new message received

Old February 20th 07, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GT

Default Outlook 2007 freeze for 2 second on every new message received

Hi

I have Outlook 2007 installed on Vista Ultimate, 2 GB of email stored
locally, and exchange as the email server, but the email is local.

When I receive a new message, outlook freezes for 2 seconds, and then it is
back.

Very frustrating, and it looks like it happens when you have a large
mailbox.

Any ideas? What should I disable in outlook so it won't freeze this way,
what hardware should I buy to fix that, is the new Intel One Teraflop CPU /
80 Cores good enough for Microsoft Outlook 2007, do I need a super computer
to send an email message with simple text?

For you developers at Microsoft, if you ever read this, instead of lecturing
us to use SQL Server 2005 Desktop Edition for our applications, and how good
is it, don't you think it is time to set an example and use it instead of
the mailbox file?