Problems replying to e-mails received in Outlook 2007 Beta 2

Old June 7th 06, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
FloridaPilot1979

Default Problems replying to e-mails received in Outlook 2007 Beta 2

Hi- I have had Office 2007 Beta 2 installed now for about a week and have
been having no problems at all until today. I have tried to reply to messages
that I received and I immediately get a message in my box from "System
Administrator" claiming the message is undeliverable. The message in the body
of the e-mail I receive says the following:

Old June 7th 06, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mittu

HI,

Could we try one simple step.

Can you try logging into your Webmail and try sending emails to the same 2
accounts where Outlook throws the undeliverable email error message?

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Mittu

Old June 8th 06, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
FloridaPilot1979

Hi- It actually works going through Outlook when I send a new e-mail message
to any of the affected e-mail addresses, of which there have now been about
four total. I was only having problems replying. I have three accounts set up
in Outlook (actually two, but one is set up with two different outgoing mail
settings, one for campus and one for home). I have a "gmail.com" account and
an "fit.edu" account for my e-mail through my school's server. The fit.edu
account is set up twice as if it were two different accounts so that I can
more easily use Outlook as my e-mail client in both locations on my laptop.
Before I set it up that way, I constantly had to manually change the outgoing
mail server settings when travelling between home and campus. The only
difference between the account settings of the two "fit.edu" accounts is the
outgoing server settings for home and campus are different. I am not 100%
sure, but I think that the problem I was having was this: when replying to
e-mails that I received while at home (through my "fit.edu" account) I
noticed Outlook Beta2 was incorrectly defaulting to my campus settings, even
though my "fit.edu" account with home settings is set as the default account.
When I clicked on the "account" option immediately to the right of "send" in
the reply, the arrow was next to my "fit.edu" account with campus settings
instead of home settings like it should. However, when I went to "tools" and
then "account settings" to check that my "fit.edu" account with home settings
was still the default, it was. If this is really the entire problem, then it
is nothing more than a minor glitch that can fairly easily be remedied. I
will just have to continue to check that the reply is being sent with the
correct account, and hope that Microsoft catches the bug before the release
of the commercial version. I certainly hope this all makes sense, and I
apologize for the lengthy reply! Also, thank you so much for your help!!
-Nick