"Server not responding" When Firewall Turned On

Old February 7th 07, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
RADT

Default "Server not responding" When Firewall Turned On

I get an error message “server not responding” when attempting to get
emails using Outlook 2002. When I go into email account information
and test the email settings I get a message saying “The specified
server was found but there was no response from the server…” When I
turn off the firewall (MS security setting, not an outside product) I
can send/receive without a problem. I am running Windows XP pro. What
settings do I need to change in the firewall to allow Outlook to get
mail from my server?

--
RADT
RADT's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=6291