Error"cant contact LDAP directory server(81)when clicking"To"

Old May 5th 06, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John

Default Error"cant contact LDAP directory server(81)when clicking"To"

I followed the the directions of the "help" file to export my outlook express
addresses to outlook.( Numerous times, with the same following result.
However when I click "to" to send a message I receive the eroor message"Cant
contact the LDAP directory server(81).Then the select names window opens and
I have to use the drop down to change from active directory to contacts, then
the addresses appear.
Where did I go wrong and how do i resolve the situation
Old May 5th 06, 04:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Raul

Hi John

Open Outlook Go to tools email accounts "view or change existing
directories or add books" highlight LDAP and click on remove.Once this is
done close and open Outlook

Hope this helps
--
With Regards