Just installed Outlook 2007, cannot open default email folders!

Old December 5th 06, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sean

Default Just installed Outlook 2007, cannot open default email folders!

I just recently installed outlook 2007, upgrade from office xp, and the very
first time(in fact the only time), I get an error while its configuring
Outlook.
It says "Cannot open your default email folders. The file c:\documents and
settings\my name\local settings\application
data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file.
When I press ok, it doesnt open the program. Ok so how am I supposed to
even change where its looking or even open?

Old December 5th 06, 04:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Were you connected to an Exchange server? An .ost file is an offline file used with Exchange. You may need to connect to Exchange with your new profile and then sync a new offline file.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Sean asked:

Old June 13th 08, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Eric[_4_]

I just had a similar problem and found this post while doing a Internet search through Google. Reading this reminded me that I have to search for "hidden" files. The OST file is in a hidden directory. Once I deleted it Outlook 2007 started just fine.

This is an old posting but maybe you will find it usefule
Old June 13th 08, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Did you activate Outlook and set up accounts?