outlook sp pro 2002 unable to open default folders

Old October 21st 06, 06:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
luckyducky9752

Default outlook sp pro 2002 unable to open default folders

I am trying to start a telecommute job and began using the free download of
office (current). My son sent me a new in box Office sp pro 2002.

Stupid me, I didn't think to uninstall that before I installed 2002.
Everything else so far works but my outlook.

Says unable to open default folders. try again, that doesn't help. I tried
uninstalling program and reinstalled. No better.

knowledgeable enough to make any sense of this.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Old October 21st 06, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

An in place upgrade of Outlook requires you to create a new Outlook profile
from scratch in order to function properly. You at least need to know where
your previous Outlook data file is. Then create a new profile in Outlook and
configure it to use your previous data file.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287072/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"luckyducky9752" wrote in message
I am trying to start a telecommute job and began using the free download of
office (current). My son sent me a new in box Office sp pro 2002.

Stupid me, I didn't think to uninstall that before I installed 2002.
Everything else so far works but my outlook.

Says unable to open default folders. try again, that doesn't help. I tried
uninstalling program and reinstalled. No better.

not