unable to open default e-mail folders; info store won't open

Old February 4th 06, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
No Avail

Default unable to open default e-mail folders; info store won't open

When trying to open Outlook, I get error message: "unable to open default
e-mail folders, the information store could not b e opened"
I have re-installed Office, but to NO AVAIL! HELP!
Old February 5th 06, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Scott Atkins[MSFT]

Hi,

The problem you are experiencing is most likely caused by a corrupt Outlook profile.

Follow these steps to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003 and test.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
4 .On the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
5. In the Profile Name box, type a descriptive name for the new e-mail profile, and then click OK.
6. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
7. Click the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next.
8. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
9. Click Finish, and then click OK.

For more information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article.

829918 How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tm8gQXZhaWw=?=" No
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 05:11:52 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.installation

Old June 20th 06, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Alexander Bryant

I also have this issue. We have created a new profile, removed and recreated
his profile and removed and reinstalled the entire Office 2003 Suite. In each
of these steps we also deleted his current OST files (he had a couple) and
unmapped all PST files. Same issue.

An additional note: we had an Exchange server go down on Friday, and that is
when the user - who was on the affected server - saw this error. Since then
the server has come back up and all other 1500 users seeing this error
message are fine. Except for this one guy who continues to get the message.

I had him log into another box, set up his e-mail account there, and he can
log in with no trouble, so the issue is clearly local to his computer.

I suspect it is a registry setting but I do not know which. Could you make a
suggestion perhaps?

From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tm8gQXZhaWw=?=" No
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 05:11:52 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.installation

Old July 30th 07, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nancy Cruz

Thank you so much I have been trying to fix this problem for 1 week I
discovered the forum and this saved my laptop from ending up on the wall.

From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tm8gQXZhaWw=?=" No
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 05:11:52 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.installation