1000 Messages deleted from sent folder (PST File)

Old September 1st 06, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Benabd

Default 1000 Messages deleted from sent folder (PST File)

Hello everybody,

I have had more than 1000 messages deleted from the sent folder of my
default PST file. Just discovered that and did not understand how it
happened.

I checked the "deleted item recovery" tool of Outlook without any
result. I am using Outlook 2000 connected to Exchange 2000 mailbox
under Windows 2000 SP4.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Karim

Old September 1st 06, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

AutoArchive perhaps?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old September 1st 06, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Benabd

Yes, it was autoarchiving.
Thanks Sue.

Old September 1st 06, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In ps.com,
Benabd typed:
Hello everybody,

I have had more than 1000 messages deleted from the sent folder of my
default PST file. Just discovered that and did not understand how it
happened.

I checked the "deleted item recovery" tool of Outlook without any
result. I am using Outlook 2000 connected to Exchange 2000 mailbox
under Windows 2000 SP4.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Karim

If you're using a PST file, you can't use "Recover Deleted Items" even if
Deleted Item Retention has been configured on the server (note: it is not
enabled by default). Sue's suggestion to check your autoarchive settings
sounds like a very good one to me.

What's the reason you are using a PST file anyway? It can't be included in
your Exchange backups, and you can't access it using OWA or anything like
that. I strongly suggest you stop using PST files for your 'live' data and
if you must use them at all, manually move old items to PST files for
archiving, rather than using autoarchive.

If it doesn't turn out that autoarchive is the culprit, and you don't have a
backup of your PST file from before this happened, you're SOL, I'm afraid.

Old September 1st 06, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Benabd

Thanks for your recommandations. I will pass them on to our IT guys.

Regards,
Karim

BTW, what does SOL stand for?

Old September 2nd 06, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

SOL = "Surely" Out of Luck (substitued politically correst adjective for the
obvious.)

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Benabd asked: