OUTLOOK 2002 - No Option to Open an Outlook data file under the file open menu.

Old August 5th 06, 11:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default OUTLOOK 2002 - No Option to Open an Outlook data file under the file open menu.

I depend heavily on my emails at work and the ability to archive and
create numbered PST backups that I can then attach and detach from
outlook and search thru them for troubleshooting etc.

My company disabled archiving, which I know can be enabled again by
removing or changing the DISABLEPST value in the registry from I
believe a 1 to a 0.

Once this value is updated the archive feature can be used, however
where there used to be an option on the OUTLOOK file menu to open an
OUTLOOK data file is now gone. I have seberal OUTLOOK PST files all
located in a backup folder such as arch001.pst,002 etc that I used to
be able to attach and run searches on.

Since I no longer seem to have an option on the file menu to open an
OUTLOOK data file I am not able to attach them back to my folders list.
I have been searching for a way to get that menu item back but so far
have been unsuccessful. Any help would be appricaited.

Thanks,

MJ

Old August 5th 06, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

Seems your Company has only gone part way in locking down its workstations.
Perhaps contact the IT admin with your problem

ups.com...

Old August 6th 06, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

I was hoping for some instruction on how I could use the backed up PST
files that I have and perform a search on them. I have a product that
worked great digging thru attachements etc in OUTLOOK with great search
capabilities(80-20 Retriever). I have a wealth of info in those .PST
files and was hoping for some suggestions.

Thanks,

Mick

DL wrote:
Seems your Company has only gone part way in locking down its workstations.
Perhaps contact the IT admin with your problem

ups.com...