Help with making Yahoo default to Outlook

Old August 4th 06, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
thistles

Default Help with making Yahoo default to Outlook

I am trying to set my Outlook up to direct connect to my yahoo email account.
Can this be done? If so, how?
Old August 4th 06, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peregrine

This is answered (quite well) in the OUTLOOK GENERAL QUESTIONS area.

Old August 5th 06, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Only if you are using a paid account - if you are, then Yahoo! has the help
files to read for setup.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, thistles asked:

Old August 5th 06, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
--Alias--

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
Only if you are using a paid account - if you are, then Yahoo! has the help
files to read for setup.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

You mean only if you use yahoo.com or yahoo.ca. If you use any other,
say, yahoo.es, one can most certainly use Outlook or Outlook Express to
receive mail and not pay Yahoo one thin dime.

Alias

Old August 5th 06, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Since I am in the states and the OP is as well, advice about other versions
of Yahoo! is irrelevant.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, --Alias-- asked:

Old August 5th 06, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
--Alias--

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
Since I am in the states and the OP is as well, advice about other versions
of Yahoo! is irrelevant.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Um, it doesn't matter where you are. You can sign up for yahoo.es,
yahoo.co.uk etc. to your heart's content so my advice is *very*
relevant. You, apparently, just don't like to be corrected.

Old August 5th 06, 03:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

And you, apparently, like to pick nits.

Old August 5th 06, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Philip Leduc

Milly

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people other then Americans on this
planet.
And yes, some of them even want to live in the US. For different reasons.
So I would like to thank --Alias-- for his comments!

Old August 5th 06, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan Truism

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
Since I am in the states and the OP is as well, advice about other versions
of Yahoo! is irrelevant.

I didn't realize that people in the U.S. were forbidden from using
other national versions of Yahoo!

Old August 5th 06, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
--Alias--

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
And you, apparently, like to pick nits.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

No, I, unlike you, am trying to help the OP. You just like saying, "No,
you can't do that".

reading.

After furious head scratching, --Alias-- asked:

I didn't "ask" *anything*.