Delay sending mass emails until the evening?

Old June 5th 06, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ste

Default Delay sending mass emails until the evening?

Hi there,

In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.

Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email
with a delay? i.e. after hours?

For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a
500kb attachment. Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down our
Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it to be
sent in the evening.

However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the
email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time. However, this
keeps the email in question in the user's Outbox, which then requires them
to be left logged onto the network overnight with their Outlook open.

Is there a better way of doing this?

I don't want to delay sending large emails across the board, but only
manually when there's lot of recipients like this.

Thanks for any help,

Ste

Old June 5th 06, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Blessing

"ste" wrote in message
[...]

Please try our email scheduler (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm)
which will allow you to send multiple individual emails, either as a one-off
or regularly at a specified time and interval.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

Old June 5th 06, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ste

"John Blessing" wrote in message
"ste" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping there was a free way to do this,
i.e. a setting in Outlook that I could use in order to send an email (it
doesn't have to be a mass email, it could simply be a large email, or an
email with an embargo, such as a news release) with a delay, possibly using
a piece of Exchange server functionality that I've not yet discovered yet?

Thanks,

Ste

Old June 6th 06, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Best to ask in an Exchange group for that then.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ste asked:

Old June 6th 06, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ste

I will do, thanks.

Ste (still furiously head scratching!)