Sending Emails via 2 ISPs

Old May 12th 06, 11:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Charles Tam

Default Sending Emails via 2 ISPs

At work, I can send and receive emails. Using the same email address, I would
also like to be able to send and receive emails at home.

At work, the company is with ISP xxx, xxx is also our SMTP service provider.
At home, I'm with ISP yyy. That is, the two ISPs are different.

Is it possible to setup Outlook to send emails to xxx's SMTP server using
ISP yyy?
Old May 12th 06, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Beat Keller

hello,

Is it possible to setup Outlook to send emails to xxx's SMTP server using
ISP yyy?

it is possible to use different mail-accounts with outlook. But to answer
wheter it's possible for you or not we can't answer without more information.
Does your SMTP provider accepts outgoing mail over his server (ISPs often
block it to avoid SPAM)?? Do you have the username and password (if needed)
for the SMTP server? And its adress? If you have all the informations you can
create a new account for outlook (usually in the menu extras) for the
additional account.
Old May 12th 06, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Charles Tam wrote:

At work, I can send and receive emails. Using the same email address,
I would also like to be able to send and receive emails at home.

At work, the company is with ISP xxx, xxx is also our SMTP service
provider. At home, I'm with ISP yyy. That is, the two ISPs are
different.

Is it possible to setup Outlook to send emails to xxx's SMTP server
using ISP yyy?

Create an account that uses youre work's sending address, but send it using
the ISP's mail server, authenticating to it with the ISP username/password.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 12th 06, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
phil

I have a related but somewhat different question. First, to reply to yours,
I wanted to be able to reveive email on both my laptop and desktop. My
solution may or may not work for you depending on your employers security
settings. First I set up my email address #1 with a forwarding function to
emai address #2 (different email address on same server). So, any mail sent
to #1 will automatically be on both #1 and #2. Then, using Outlook Express,
I linked the PC to address #1 and the LT to address #2.

My question is this: Is there way I can set mail I send from the laptop
using OE (and bearing a different name than to OE account on the PC) to show
the a different "reply to" address? Thank you.

Old May 12th 06, 07:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Charles Tam

Hi Phil,
I don't know the answer to your questions.

Old June 21st 06, 07:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

cookie wrote:

How do i set it up?

Already answered earlier in the thread.