Old June 5th 06, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ste

Default Delay sending mass emails until the evening?

Hi there,

In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.

Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email
with a delay? i.e. after hours?

For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a
500kb attachment. Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down our
Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it to be
sent in the evening.

However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the
email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time. However, this
keeps the email in question in the user's Outbox, which then requires them
to be left logged onto the network overnight with their Outlook open.

Is there a better way of doing this?

I don't want to delay sending large emails across the board, but only
manually when there's lot of recipients like this.

Thanks for any help,

Ste