Autocomplete email address question..

Old March 2nd 06, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Terri

Default Autocomplete email address question..

When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete suggests a
list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem - I have about 8
groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set to look for the matching
names in one of the groups. but I want to add one more group to this - how
do I do it??
Thanks!

Old March 2nd 06, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Terri wrote:

When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete
suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem
- I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set
to look for the matching names in one of the groups. but I want to
add one more group to this - how do I do it??

First, Outlook doesn't have "groups". Second, the autocompletion feature
does not reference your Contacts in any way whatsoever. It merely shows you
addresses you've used before in alphabetical order based on the characters
you've types.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 2nd 06, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Norm

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
Terri wrote:

When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete
suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem
- I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set
to look for the matching names in one of the groups. but I want to
add one more group to this - how do I do it??

First, Outlook doesn't have "groups". Second, the autocompletion
feature does not reference your Contacts in any way whatsoever. It
merely shows you addresses you've used before in alphabetical order
based on the characters you've types.

Can that list be edited? Can some of those be deleted?

Old March 2nd 06, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gregg Hill

You add to it by sending an email to someone after typing in their address.

You can delete from it by typing one letter, then using your up and down
arrow keys to highlight what you want to delete. When you highlight an
address, just hit your Delete key.

Gregg Hill

Old March 3rd 06, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

And, in addition to what Gregg said, there's always a commercial product:
http://www.ingressor.com/
--
Brian Tillman