Outlook 2007 still support OLDER FREE msn/hotmail accounts?

Old May 26th 06, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JDJ

Default Outlook 2007 still support OLDER FREE msn/hotmail accounts?

MS / MSN removed Outlook support for newly issued msn/hotmail accounts
a while back, but if you had an existing account (which I have) at the
time, it still works.

I'm getting my free msn mail in Outlook 2003.

I hope they haven't removed this feature with Outlook 2007.

Anybody know if it still works?
--

"J. J."
Old May 26th 06, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it does not work in outlook 2007 but we don't know if it's intentional or a
bug. We'll find out come RTM.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old May 26th 06, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JDJ

On Thu, 25 May 2006 20:02:57 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
wrote:

it does not work in outlook 2007 but we don't know if it's intentional or a
bug. We'll find out come RTM.

Thanks for letting me know. I hate to start using the web interface to
check my hotmail.

I'm thinking I could retrieve my hotmail using Outlook 2003 on my
other PC, BUT... if I do that, I will want to temporarily disable
send/receive (especially receive) for my POP email accounts in Outlook
2003 on that machine, as long as I'm getting my daily mail without
problems using Outlook 2007 on the other machine.

Is there a way to TURN off an account, without deleting it in Outlook
2003??

Since the hotmail/msnmail is stored in a separate .pst file, I could
still copy my pop .pst file back & forth between machines assuming no
crash or incompatibility in the file format.

Does 2007 even recognize the

C:\Documents and Settings\JJ\Local Settings\Application
John
Jackson-00000010.pst

--

"J. J."
Old May 26th 06, 03:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

honestly - I would add it as an http account type. It should work since it's
a paid account - then you can read mail locally but not have access to
calendar etc - use the web for that or the other computer.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old May 26th 06, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

JDJ wrote:

Is there a way to TURN off an account, without deleting it in Outlook
2003??

Sure. While viewing your Inbox, press ALT-CTRL-S. Choose your send/receive
group, click Edit, select the account, and uncheck "Include the selected
account in the group".
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 8th 06, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rich S

I found that it was not outlook 2007. I installed the outlook 2007 client and
this funtion still worked fine. The very next day I installed the beta of IE
7 and I was getting reprompts for authenication and it kept coming back as a
bad password. I uninstalled both IE7 and Office 2007 and then reinstalled
office 2007. I have had no further problems like this. You might give this a
try, it seems to be an IE thing not an office thing.