Links disabled

Old May 6th 10, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
tcandt

Default Links disabled

After working forever, the links in Outlook emails now get this message:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Obviously, something has changed inadvertently. Any clue as to how to fix
this?
--
tcandt
Old May 6th 10, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

tcandt wrote:

After working forever, the links in Outlook emails now get this message:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Obviously, something has changed inadvertently. Any clue as to how to fix
this?

You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online
searches? Google still works:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%2...+ computer%22

Operation canceled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
Old May 7th 10, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Thousands of clues if you check google. Or better yet, Bing!

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, tcandt asked:

Old May 7th 10, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

This is a problem with IE and Windows, its not an Outlook error. You need to
reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab.
(Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). If it occurred after
uninstalling Firefox or Chrome (and any program that opens HTML files) you
need to repair the registry.

If resetting the Internet settings doesn't work (and they don't seem to for
a lot of users), see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for
other things to try. Most people tell me that "Edit Registry part 2" was the
fix they used.