Links NG in newsgroups; e-mail links work OK (More)

Old June 19th 06, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
POP

Default Links NG in newsgroups; e-mail links work OK (More)

Hi,

Problem: Clicking links works OK in e-mails, but fails to do
anything in newsgroups.

Action/Solution(not): After much futzing and good advice
received here, without success, I created a new mail identity and
I thought
that worked; it did, but only for a short period of time. Much
confusion settled out, but no answer yet.

Temporary annoying workaround:
Switch Identities.

Whenever links stop working, if I switch identities in OE, they
begin to
work again, and continue to work for the remainder of the session
as a rule. After idling for awhile though, when I come back and
restart OE (or have left it running but blocked acess via
firewal), they no longer work.
XP Pro SP2+, Norton, ZA, Spybot, Adaware, WinPatrol, all updated
and all show no problems.
Last "danger" found was a tracking cookie, TAC 3, by Adaware, I
think it was. Removed same.

Solution:
I'm hoping someone here might have something to put on this
lineg.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that this might be a
system problem, not specifically an IE/OE problem. So now I'm
looking at logs and any apps that might be having problems of any
kind. So far all OK.

Any thoughts in any direction? I'm wide open for ideas.

Oh, this problem was present nearly a month ago when, for other
reasons, I deleted the boot partition, recreated, formatted,
etc., and reinstalled OS and all apps from CDs. Then 3rd party
stuff was all re-downloaded. Only data was pulled from archive:
The idea was to be as sure as reasonable that I didn't reinstall
anything with a problem from backup.
Everything else was fixed, but no help for this described
problem.

TIA,

Pop
--
If it's broke, fix it.

Old June 20th 06, 11:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Well, I still think it may be a 3rd party program interfering. But try
clearing your Temporary Internet Files in IE and delete all offline
content. In addition remove all the content of you Temp directories. Then
run a defrag and see if that makes any difference.

steve

"POP" wrote in message
[...]

E-mail links in messages do not work using Outlook. Help please Ian Wallace Outlook - Installation 1 June 1st 06 05:24 PM
Sometimes my links don't work Dena Jo Outlook - General Queries 0 May 27th 06 03:22 PM
OE^ Links don't work ibeme39 Outlook Express 2 March 4th 06 12:11 PM
links do not work Hec Outlook Express 4 March 1st 06 03:17 AM
Links on Newsgroups PaulaDawn Outlook - General Queries 2 February 13th 06 02:36 PM