moving Identity to a newer computer

Old October 1st 09, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

Default moving Identity to a newer computer

"Ron Sommer" wrote in message
You select which folders to import.
Folders of the same name, Inbox, Sent items, Drafts, Deleted items, and
user created folders will put the messages in folders of the same name.
Imported folders that have unique names will be added as unique named
folders.
For folders to import, folders.dbx must be included.
--
Ron Sommer
MVP-Mail

"jbclem" wrote in message
Ron, will this also import all the folders that the messages are stored
in?

"Ron Sommer" wrote in message
File, Import, Messages, OE6, select other store folder, browse to the
location of the old Identity files.
--
Ron Sommer
MVP-Mail

"jbclem3" wrote in message
I am moving everything to a newer computer, and I'm not sure how to go
about
it with Outlook Express and all my email and email folders. I tried
copying
the old Identity to the new computer, putting it in Docs & Settings

right
next to the new Identity. But so far it isn't showing up in Outlook
Express
when I try to Manage and Switch Identities. Is there a correct way to

do
this?

I have the two computers hooked up via a LAN so it is easy to copy
files
back and forth.

jc