Link Connection

Old May 12th 09, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ray

Default Link Connection

I have Outlook Express - 6 and I have this problem: If I receive an email
that has a link in it, I can't get the link to come up. I click on it and
nothing happens. The top border of the email turns a dark blue, but that is
all that happens. I have tried clicking on the link twice. I have tried right
clicking on it and can only copy the shortcut and then go to my browser and
paste it on there. I then can get to the link's address, but this does slow
down the time it takes to get there quite a bit and I was wondering if anyone
knew of a fix I could try?
Your help would be appreciated.
Old May 12th 09, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7 [and/or
IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867

If still no joy:

Courtesy of MVP Frank Saunders. [RIP]

If nothing happens when you click a link:
Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
Shortcut) and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the path to
iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

If all the above is correct, uncheck: Use DDE.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]