Outlook Express Hanging while reading newsgroups

Old February 26th 06, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
glas

Default Outlook Express Hanging while reading newsgroups

I have been having a big problem with Outlook Express hanging while reading
newsgroups. When I first enter one of the newsgroups it will download all
the new headers fine but when I click on the first one it just hangs for
about 2 minutes with the little hourglass spinning and then finally the
message with appear and I can then go on to read the messages with no
problem. If I leave that newsgroup and go to another one the same thing
happens, downloads headers fine but click on the first message and hang for
a couple of minutes.

Also, when I click on the newsgroup and choose "catch up" or "mark all read"
to clean up it will hang for a very long time, sometimes as long as 10
minutes and while doing so I can't do anything in outlook, can't shut down,
disconnect or switch folders.

Can anyone help me out with why this is happening? I do regular maintenance,
compacting and cleaning out but this keeps happening. One time I resolved
the issue by removing the news account and then setting it up again to start
fresh but I'd really rather not have to do this all the time for obvious
reasons.

thanks, chrissy

Old February 26th 06, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

See:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/per...e.htm#slownews
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

ink.net...

Old February 26th 06, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Delete Temporary Internet Files, accepting the option to delete all offline
content.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org