I cant receive messages from one sender only

Old February 22nd 06, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dylanfan

Default I cant receive messages from one sender only

A friend sends me emails but they don't come through. She does not get a
'failure to deliver' message so she doesn't know that I havent received them.
We did a test today, she replied to an email of mine whilst we were on the
phone. I didnt get the reply and she got no indication of that it wasn't
delivered. She is not in my 'blocked senders' list. Is my OE blocking her or
might the problem be at her end?
--
Bob
Old February 22nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:07:29 -0800, Dylanfan wrote:

A friend sends me emails but they don't come through. She does not get a
'failure to deliver' message so she doesn't know that I havent received them.
We did a test today, she replied to an email of mine whilst we were on the
phone. I didnt get the reply and she got no indication of that it wasn't
delivered. She is not in my 'blocked senders' list. Is my OE blocking her or
might the problem be at her end?

MS Outlook Express would only be implicated if you have created any rules.
Check your MSOE rules. Other than that, the problem could be with her
message submission server (the SMTP server she connects with to send
email), or your MX server (the SMTP server which accepts email for your
account). Or, maybe even with her mail client (unless she is using
webmail). From her end she should enable logging in her client (but this
will not be possible if she is using webmail, AFAIK).

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
Old February 22nd 06, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dylanfan

Thanx for the reply N.
I don't have any message rules set. I believe that this is the only sender
that I cannot receive emails from so I suspect that the problem may be with
her configuration. I'll find out if she is using webmail or whatever. Thanx
again.
--
Bob

Old February 23rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Peter

Check with your ISP if they have blocked her webmail client...maybe they've
been heavily spammed by that server.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old February 23rd 06, 07:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:28:19 -0800, Dylanfan wrote:

I don't have any message rules set. I believe that this is the only sender
that I cannot receive emails from so I suspect that the problem may be with
her configuration. I'll find out if she is using webmail or whatever. Thanx
again.

Do not forget that, between your client, and hers, there are the SMTP
servers. The problem can be anywhere between the end points.

Old February 23rd 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dylanfan

What is VERIZON?
--
Bob

"joliett" wrote:

Wanna bet you have VERIZON?

--
______
joliett

Old February 24th 06, 02:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"Dylanfan" wrote in message

A friend sends me emails but they don't come through. She does not
get a 'failure to deliver' message so she doesn't know that I havent
received them. We did a test today, she replied to an email of mine
whilst we were on the phone. I didnt get the reply and she got no
indication of that it wasn't delivered. She is not in my 'blocked
senders' list. Is my OE blocking her or might the problem be at her
end?

Close OE.
Go to Start | Run and type
regedit
and press Enter.
In the left pane navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook Express\5.0
Click the + sign in front of it.
Right click Block Senders and select Delete.
Right click Rules and press Delete.

If that doesn't fix it, create a new OE identity and import your messages
from the old identity.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com