Large Icons/Icons Disappearing

Old February 18th 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Barattolo_67

Default Large Icons/Icons Disappearing

Sometimes, when I get back to the PC after some time of inactivity I find
that the icons in the toolbar of Outlook Express have grown bigger. Thus some
icons, such as the purge icon, have disappeared.

Any clue?
Old February 18th 06, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

This is a known bug that does not have a fix for it yet. Until then, you
have to close and reopen OE. For some, *grabbing* the bottom of the
toolbar with the cursor and pushing it up and then back down works too.
You can also choose *No Text Labels* in ViewLayoutCustomize Toolbar
to have even smaller buttons. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old March 5th 06, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tickle

Hi,
This may be a bit late in the game, but for me, I switch the theme view to windows classic (which always goes on its own to modified theme) instead of XP and that went away. I went back several times and changed back and forth and when in XP theme for a setting, my icons will get bigger and some will go off to the side. When I go back to classic theme/modified theme, the problem never occurs. I am not sure if this helps, but don't flame me if I confused you or anyone. Just sharing something with everyone. Thanks.

--
Thank you

Old March 6th 06, 12:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

No flaming, Tickle. But I always use *Classic* and it still happens.
Coincidence, for you, I would say.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old March 6th 06, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tickle

Bruce,

Thank you - I guess it is a coin-ki-dink ;o). HAGN.

Old March 6th 06, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I also forgot to mention, switching to Classic Mode is only available in XP,
while the problem exists in OE, regardless of the OS.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express