Messages too large for window

Old January 7th 06, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Messages too large for window

I don't think she would be of much help. It is outlook from Office
2003 running under XPHome SP2. E-mail editor??? Outlook is the only
editor for creating e-mails. I don't understand the question...you
open Outlook, create a new e-mail, the window opens and you type and
then send.

The lines of text are too long for the width of the message window
when recieving messages. Instead of wrapping they spill off the edge
of the display. Never did this before but it is now. My copy of
Outlook just wraps to fill the window, her's does not.

Is this better info??

Henry

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 23:49:56 -0500, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
ahoo.com wrote:

In ,
typed:
The e-mail messages are too large for the message pane. Something like
Word wrap may be needed. Or is this a function of the wrong screen
resolution. It is my daughter's computer and I can only go by what she
says over the telephone.

Haven't seen any specific questions along these lines to go on.

Thanks for any pointers...seems to me that messages should fill the
pane regardless of screen resolution.

Henry

It might help if a) you asked her to post herself and b) asked her to post
more info, such as her version/SP of Outlook, Windows, what e-mail editor
she's using, and more detail in general. This isn't much to go on, as is...

Old January 8th 06, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Are you saying that the text continues onto the desktop or whatever window
is open behind the Outlook message?

BTW, Outlook can use 2 editors, Outlook and Word.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, asked:

Old January 8th 06, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

I am not sure I understand the connotation of editor for Outlook other
than Outlook itself. I can use any text editor on ascii text. Are you
saying that I could set Word to basically integrate with Outlook so
that when I download messages, Word opens automatically to
display...and edit...the messages? Or are you saying that word has an
icon that allows outlook messages to be opened and send directly from
Word?

Anyway, the issue is that of lack of wrapping a line of text at the
window boundary. It just disappears at the right window boundary.
Can't remember if a horizontal scroll bar shows up to let her move the
window to the right to read the message. I have never seen such a
horizontal scroll bar in Outlook...the messages on my Ourlook always
wrap no matter what the width of the message window. I would have to
ask her more detailed questions. I guess the quick questions is, is
there a wrapping switch that needs to be set? I am reluctant to try
and get her to do a repair but that may fix things. I just don't want
to talk her through that.

Henry

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:24:14 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote:

Are you saying that the text continues onto the desktop or whatever window
is open behind the Outlook message?

BTW, Outlook can use 2 editors, Outlook and Word.

--?

Old January 8th 06, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Message editor can be set under Tools-Options-Mail Format tab.

Word wrapping is set under Tools-Options-Mail Format-Internet Format.