OLE6 uninvitedly storing incoming email addresses?

Old January 25th 08, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
MPS

Default OLE6 uninvitedly storing incoming email addresses?

Hi all,

friend just called me to say that his OLE6 stores all incoming email addresses automatically, and he
does not want that.

So, he tells me, when he gets an email directed at him and say 50 others, all 50 'other' addresses
are unwantedly stored in his addressbook.

I mentioned to him that he probably accidentally hit the 'answer all' button sometime and thus
stored them, which he denies.

Question: Is it possible for OLE6 to behave as described, i.e. unwantedly / uninvitedly storing
incoming email addresses in the addressbook?

What setting or error would cause that?

Looking forward,

Maria

Old January 25th 08, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Tools | Options | Send. Uncheck: Automatically put people I reply to in my
address book. With that unchecked, the addresses should not be added even if
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

Old January 25th 08, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

There is No option in OE to automatically add incoming e-mail addresses
to the address book.

There is an option to add people that you reply to (Tools, Options,
Send). NOTE: with that option set, all you have to do is Start the
reply to get then added. You don't have to actually send the message.
So if he has that option set and accidentally clicked Reply All and then
cancelled it when he realized he didn't want to do that, too late, the
addresses have been added to the address book.

He might also check to see if he has any message rules to automatically
reply to any messages.

Old January 25th 08, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
MPS

Thank you guys for your swift replies.

Had a word with my friend just now and he now understands the add-address mechanism and how he
accidentally made this 'miracle' happen.

Enjoy your weekend,

Thank you,

Maria

"MPS" schreef in bericht ...