Cannot see attachments

Old January 26th 06, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default Cannot see attachments

Hi, i can't see my OE 6 attachments. There is no clip icon in front of
the message although the message size is the attachment size. Earlier i
have uninstall any antivirus and it works a while but i tried again it
doesnt have the attachment attached. Pls advise. Thanks

Regards
Daniel

Old January 26th 06, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, i can't see my OE 6 attachments. There is no clip icon in front of
the message although the message size is the attachment size. Earlier i
have uninstall any antivirus and it works a while but i tried again it
doesnt have the attachment attached. Pls advise. Thanks

Regards
Daniel

Your post is a little confusing Daniel?

Never run without AV activated.

The message attachment can be caused if you are reading all your mail in
plain text, OEtoolsoptionsread, when you receive a rich text message.
Or it could be placed to a message by some AV programs, such as AVG? To
prevent that from happening disable only the email scanning of your AV
program, in and out, it is a layer of protection that serves no useful
purpose and it causes many other problems.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Old January 26th 06, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Steve, i forget to say that all the mail from outlook to OE 6 were not
able to view the attachments. But OE to OE is ok. is it because of RTF
to plain text ?

Daniel

mac wrote:
oups.com...

Old January 26th 06, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Yes. OE can't read Outlook's RTF format. Ask them to use Plain Text, when
sending.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve, i forget to say that all the mail from outlook to OE 6 were not
able to view the attachments. But OE to OE is ok. is it because of RTF
to plain text ?

Daniel

mac wrote:
oups.com...

Old January 27th 06, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Bruce, my OE previously was ok with outlook. I never adjusted any
setting. Until yesterday someone send me attachment from Outlook then
it happened. How is this possible ?

Daniel

Bruce Hagen wrote:
Yes. OE can't read Outlook's RTF format. Ask them to use Plain Text, when
sending.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve, i forget to say that all the mail from outlook to OE 6 were not
able to view the attachments. But OE to OE is ok. is it because of RTF
to plain text ?

Daniel

mac wrote:
oups.com...

Old January 27th 06, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tom [Pepper] Willett

*You* don't adjust settings in OE. The *sender* using Outlook must adjust
settings.

Tom
oups.com...

Bruce Hagen wrote:
Yes. OE can't read Outlook's RTF format. Ask them to use Plain Text, when
sending.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve, i forget to say that all the mail from outlook to OE 6 were not
able to view the attachments. But OE to OE is ok. is it because of RTF
to plain text ?

Daniel

mac wrote:
oups.com...

Old January 27th 06, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Another county heard from...

Tom [Pepper] Willett wrote:
*You* don't adjust settings in OE. The *sender* using Outlook must adjust
settings.

Tom
oups.com...

Bruce Hagen wrote:
Yes. OE can't read Outlook's RTF format. Ask them to use Plain Text,
when sending.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve, i forget to say that all the mail from outlook to OE 6 were
not able to view the attachments. But OE to OE is ok. is it because
of RTF to plain text ?

Daniel

mac wrote:
oups.com...