message rules - can I import a list of email addresses?

Old January 25th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alynn Baker

Default message rules - can I import a list of email addresses?

I need to create a message rule that moves all emails from a list of
business contacts to a business folder. Is there an easy way to import a
list of email addresses to the rule or do I have to enter one address at a
time?

I know that I can choose, one by one, from the address book, but there are
about 100 addresses and it would be nice if I could magically cut and paste
them all at once!

Old January 25th 06, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

When you create the rule and go to the Address Book to add the names, click
on the first one and scroll down to the last. Hold the Shift key and then
click on the last one. This will highlight them all and in one shot you can
add them all by clicking From.

If you don't want *everyone* in your AB, do it the same way, but in
sections.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old January 25th 06, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

You can add additional addresses or remove an address from the highlighted
list by clicking on a name while hold down the Ctrl key.
--
Ron Sommer

Old January 27th 06, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alynn Baker

Thank you. I did what you both said, but that made me select (with the ctrl
key) the 100 addresses from a very long address book. But what I would like
to do is NOT use the address book as a source. I have both a Word doc list
and a comma delimited list of email addresses for a rule. I created this
list over a period of time.