"Outlook Express did not close down correctly..."

Old November 7th 07, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mike b

Default "Outlook Express did not close down correctly..."

For the last couple of days I've been having a small problem with OE (ver
6.2900.2180).

When I turn on my PC and load Outlook Express, the last message in my inbox
is unavailable to view, and in it's body is the following error message:

"Outlook Express did not shutdown correctlyThe last time you ran Outlook
Express it did not exit correctly. In case this was due to a problem with
the last message you were viewing, the message is not being shown."

I'm then prompted to click another link to view the message anyway.

I have thoroughly virus/Spyware checked my PC (Nod32, Spy Sweeper & ZA
anti-spyware) and found nothing unusual. I can't think of anything I've
installed recently that might be causing this problem. This problem only
appears when I turn off the PC. If I just close down OE and then open it
again, it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike.

Old November 7th 07, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Make sure that you manually close OE before doing a shutdown on the PC.
Then do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and make sure that MSIMN.EXE is not still
running. If it is, then see:

MSIMN Is Still Running After You Quit Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=226313

Note that the problem is not unique to McAfee and can occur with any
anti-virus program set to scan e-mail

news

Old November 8th 07, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mike b

Thanks for the reply Mike, however that particular problem doesn't seem to
be the one I have. MSIMN isn't running after I close down O.E.

Mike.

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
Make sure that you manually close OE before doing a shutdown on the PC.
Then do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and make sure that MSIMN.EXE is not still running.
If it is, then see:

MSIMN Is Still Running After You Quit Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=226313

Note that the problem is not unique to McAfee and can occur with any
anti-virus program set to scan e-mail

news