Sending multiple emails

Old January 8th 06, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
phil

Default for Noel Paton

Are you sure you have to uninstall the email scanning part in AVG ??? I
didn`t do it. I just went to "AVG Control center" right clicked on "Email
scanner" and deactivated it.
Isn`t this the correct procedure ??
Greetings Phil

"Noel Paton" wrote in message
Great! - Glad you hear you've managed to resolve it.

Good Luck

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"daniekaj" wrote in message

Thanks for your help.

I uninstalled PC-cillin and reinstalled it and there are now no probs.

Cheers.

"Noel Paton" wrote:

What's your AV? - with some, it's necessary to actually uninstall the
email
scanning part (or preferably not install it in the first place) - AVG is
case in point.
You might also want to check that your emailer is not using unnecessary
proxy servers.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
NG's
"daniekaj" wrote in message
news I have this turned off already.

Do you know what else I could try??

"Noel Paton" wrote:

This problem is often caused by having Email scanning turned on in
your
Anti-Virus program. - turn tat function off, as it does no real good
anyhow!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
NG's
"daniekaj" wrote in message
Can somebody help me??

When I send an email, I get this error msg:

The SMTP server returned an error. Subject 'TEST', Account:
'Jadeslane
(e-wire)', Server: 'mail.e-wire.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response:
'',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60

The message then remains in my Outbox, continually trying to send.

Problem is each time it 'tries' it is actually being sent! So my
recipient
receives the email a dozen times!

Why won't the message go into my Sent Items? And why am I getting
the
error
message?

PLEASE HELP ME

Old January 8th 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Sometimes, unchecking e-mail scanning sticks, sometimes it doesn't. So keep
checking it. If it stays off, no problem, but if it keeps resetting itself
to scan e-mail, then uninstall AVG and reinstall it.

When prompted, choose Custom Installation and *uncheck* e-mail scanning when
you see the option. Now it will never scan e-mail.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Noel Paton" wrote:

What's your AV? - with some, it's necessary to actually uninstall the
email
scanning part (or preferably not install it in the first place) - AVG
is a

Old January 8th 06, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Noel Paton

It's the correct procedure - but it doesn't always work as expected,
unfortunately (It's never been a problem for me, but I have heard of one or
two instances where the OE scanner wasn't fully disabled - although this may
have been PEBKAC as much as anything else).
I prefer to not install that option in the first place (that way it can't
accidentally get turned on), by using the Custom Install.
Note that the Office Integration can be installed without any problems AFAIK

Old January 8th 06, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

I still get the popup saying that the email is being checked, but the email
component is unchecked.
I don't know how to check if the email is being scanned.
--
Ron Sommer

Old January 8th 06, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Without removing the A/V, (AVG?), and reinstalling it in Custom Mode, I
*believe* that if you create a decent size e-mail, use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to
show the Performance tab, and then press Send, The CPU's should spike pretty
good if it's checking as opposed to 5 or 6 if it isn't. That's still not
proof positive though.

Bruce Hagen