Importing My Messages

Old October 8th 07, 04:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
MS News[_2_]

Default Importing My Messages

Cannot seem to import my messages in my web mail folders. Can these be
imported to Outlook? Tnx,

Old October 8th 07, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

You can't download messages from your account into Outlook
*Express*?

Please see this page
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old October 8th 07, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Are you using POP3 access? If so, the mail server controls which
folders get downloaded. Generally just the Inbox gets downloaded.

If you are using the Yahoo mail servers, there is a web mail setting to
also download the Bulk folder. None of the other web folders can be
downloaded.

In either case, everything will download to the Inbox in OE since POP3
provides no folder information. In the case of Yahoo, there is a web
setting that will insert [Bulk} into the subject of messages from that
folder. In that case you can use a message rule in OE to direct
messages based on that to another folder.

Old October 10th 07, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
nr727js126

--
N.R.V.