msoe.dll error

Old May 25th 07, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Professor Joe

Default msoe.dll error

we had one of our machines we were trying IE7 on, and decided to
uninstall it.

After several days we needed to use our OE6 on that machine and got the
msoe.dll error.

Any ideas please, good people and much thanks from us here at the Univ.
!!

Professor Joe

Old May 25th 07, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

What is *the* msoe.dll error? Since you didn't post the entire error
message, this is probably what you need, but my Crystal Ball© is a little
dusty.

From:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/directdb.htm

Errors in DIRECTDB.DLL or MSOE.DLL generally indicate corruption in the
message store. Start by moving Folders.dbx to an empty Windows folder. You
will lose your folder hierarchy and the lists of newsgroups on the news
servers, but it might get you into OE. Note: The DBX file are hidden files
in Win2K, WinXP and Win2K3.

If that doesn't do it then move all of the DBX files to the same folder as
Folders.dbx. You should now get into OE. Try importing the messages from the
folder you moved the DBX files to. If you can't, you can use one of these
tools to extract the messages:

DBXtract:
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

DBXpress: {much faster for large files}
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Note: It can take a long time (days with really large folders).

The messages can then be dragged from the Windows folder back into a folder
in an open instance of OE.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old May 26th 07, 03:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Professor Joe

we had one of our machines we were trying IE7 on, and decided to
uninstall it.

After several days we needed to use our OE6 on that machine and got the
msoe.dll error.

Any ideas please, good people and much thanks from us here at the Univ.
!!

Professor Joe

thanks to you both great people. Tried those already.
Found a cure, a fine cure at that.

TBird! My goodness what a fine app!

Much thanks!
Professor Joe

Old May 26th 07, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Not really a cure, but an easy way out. That's not to say that TB is not a
good program, but since you only posted a fraction of your error message, we
could only guess.