Server Error 550, Error Number ...C78

Old December 26th 06, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Lu

Default Server Error 550, Error Number ...C78

On Dec 13 2006 I bagen receiving the following error when sending:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'my e-mail address'.
Subject 'My Subject Line', Account: 'My pop account', Server: 'My
smtp account', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.0.0 Access denied',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
(Info within are details I deleted for this newsgroup post)

Running XP Home. Can send mail from WebMail so ISP says not their problem.
MS says "call Dell." Dell says "all is functioning fine, must be ISP
problem." Circle begins again.

Have reset account information, removed and reloaded OE6, deleted
'outbox.dbx'. Recently configured OE6 on new computer with same e-mail
account data and had same problem. I have disabled e-mail scan in my AV
program. Looking for more ideas.

Old December 26th 06, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Lu

Interesting. I just learned that I can post to newsgroup. (same
computer/ISP that I am having problem on)

"Lu" wrote in message
On Dec 13 2006 I bagen receiving the following error when sending:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'my e-mail address'.
Subject 'My Subject Line', Account: 'My pop account', Server:
'My smtp account', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.0.0 Access

Old December 26th 06, 04:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Your posts to this newsgroup aren't being sent via the SMTP server in
question, Lu.

See http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#relay550

If you're sending from a account, you must use the
comcast.net SMTP server, not that of another ISP (e.g., maine-rr.com;
verizon.net).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

"Lu" wrote in message
On Dec 13 2006 I bagen receiving the following error when sending:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'my e-mail address'.
Subject 'My Subject Line', Account: 'My pop account', Server:

Old December 26th 06, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Lu

Norman,

Yes. Comcast has taken over Suscom. I am a Comcast customer with a
Suscom-Maine account. I call Comcast for customer support and they tell me
that my server is still pop and smtp.suscom-maine.net.
Lu

"N. Miller" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 21:32:53 -0500, Lu wrote:

On Dec 13 2006 I bagen receiving the following error when sending:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'my e-mail address'.
Subject 'My Subject Line', Account: 'My pop account', Server:
'My
smtp account', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.0.0 Access
denied',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
(Info within are details I deleted for this newsgroup post)

Your NNTP posting IP address tells me that you are a Suscom cable
customer.
DSL Reports tells me that Suscom has been taken over by Comcast. So which
customer is now providing customer support?

For Comcast customers, the mail servers a

Incoming (POP3): mail.comcast.net
Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.comcast.net

But I strongly suggest trying to find out who is now providing customer
support, and then finding out from support which servers you should be
using.

Running XP Home. Can send mail from WebMail so ISP says not their
problem.
MS says "call Dell." Dell says "all is functioning fine, must be ISP
problem." Circle begins again.

It is not a Microsoft problem, nor a Dell problem. Between Suscom and
Comcast, _somebody_ is dropping the ball about keeping affected customers
informed of the changes.

Have reset account information, removed and reloaded OE6, deleted
'outbox.dbx'. Recently configured OE6 on new computer with same e-mail
account data and had same problem. I have disabled e-mail scan in my AV
program. Looking for more ideas.

You need to beat on either Suscom, or Comcast.

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 21:42:44 -0500, Lu wrote:

Interesting. I just learned that I can post to newsgroup. (same
computer/ISP that I am having problem on)

Newsgroup posing uses NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) over port 119.
Outbound email uses SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) over port 25. You
are posting directly to the Microsoft news server (msnews.microsoft.com),
not your ISP's news server. You will not have any problems doing that. The
trick is, can you post NNTP through your provider's NNTP servers? Comcast
outsources news to Giganews. I don't know what Suscom did for NNTP
service.

I can choose between msnews.microsoft.com and news.sf.sbcglobal.net. Most
of
the time I just use the MSFT news servers; but this time I will use the
at&t
Yahoo! HSI news servers.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Old December 26th 06, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Lu

Norman,

Comcast has stated that they have not yet started any server or email domain
name changes yet. Ran DNS report and am now wondering if my SOA record
might be messed up. NSLOOKUP identifies my old ISP domain as nameserver.
Sound like a path worth following?

Lu

"N. Miller" wrote in message
news

That plus the fact that a "550" error is typically caused by an
unauthorized
relay attempt, I would say that something is FUBAR with the ISP. They
probably need to add the Comcast range of IP addresses that Suscom
customers
are getting to their ACL (Access Control List). Or change their servers to
require authentication, and _inform_ their customers of the fact that they
are changing to authenticated access, and provide the authentication
information.

Old December 29th 06, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ester.m

"Lu" wrote in message
On Dec 13 2006 I bagen receiving the following error when sending:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'my e-mail address'.
Subject 'My Subject Line', Account: 'My pop account', Server:
'My smtp account', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.0.0 Access
denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
0x800CCC78 (Info within are details I deleted for this newsgroup
post)

Running XP Home. Can send mail from WebMail so ISP says not their
problem. MS says "call Dell." Dell says "all is functioning fine, must be
ISP problem." Circle begins again.

Have reset account information, removed and reloaded OE6, deleted
'outbox.dbx'. Recently configured OE6 on new computer with same e-mail
account data and had same problem. I have disabled e-mail scan in my AV
program. Looking for more ideas.

Error Number: 0x800CCC7F and Error Number 0x800CCC0F artjipelago Outlook - Installation 1 September 9th 08 02:02 PM
Cannot send emails; Error number 550 5.7.1 BERNARD Outlook Express 3 December 15th 06 11:05 AM
error 550 Enzo Outlook Express 5 July 14th 06 11:47 AM
The connection to the server has failed......Error Number: 0x800CC LA Horowitz Outlook Express 4 June 11th 06 10:40 AM
Error 550 Percy Outlook Express 2 January 23rd 06 07:01 AM