Outlook Express 6 sometimes sends an e-mail before I hit "send"

Old September 5th 06, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Boggler

Default Outlook Express 6 sometimes sends an e-mail before I hit "send"

Once in a while I'll be typing up or replying to an e-mail and suddenly the
e-mail is sent before I hit the "send" button, usually when I'm halfway
through a sentence. Is there some sort of setting I need to change to
prevent this from happening?
Old September 6th 06, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Pop`

Boggler wrote:
Once in a while I'll be typing up or replying to an e-mail and
suddenly the e-mail is sent before I hit the "send" button, usually
when I'm halfway through a sentence. Is there some sort of setting I
need to change to prevent this from happening?

Check your postu If you're like me you can inadvertantly hit keys with
your palms while you're typing. Easy to do, even for touch typists.

Old September 6th 06, 01:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Boggler,

'Pop' may be on to something. This is not normal behavior for OE, therefore
there isn't a setting that would cause the behavior. The keyboard shortcut
for sending a message is: Alt+S. Besides accidentally hitting this
combination it is possible there is a problem with the keyboard and the Alt
key resulting in sending the message when an 'S' is typed.

Also, though somewhat of a long shot, check the settings in the
Accessibility Options Control Panel for the use of Sticky Keys which would
keep the Alt key active if inadvertently hit until another key is struck.
This might sometimes be the 'S.'

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old September 6th 06, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
CharBhasha

"Boggler" wrote in message
Once in a while I'll be typing up or replying to an e-mail and suddenly the
e-mail is sent before I hit the "send" button, usually when I'm halfway
through a sentence. Is there some sort of setting I need to change to
prevent this from happening?

I had the very similar problem. This is what I did -

Open Outlook Express,
Click Tools, Options,
Under Options, Click 'Send'
Uncheck 'Send Messages Immediately'

To actually transmit a message, now you have to use the
'Send/Receive All..' button. May be this will help.

Good luck