saving and opening OE messages as nws files

Old August 16th 06, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Default saving and opening OE messages as nws files

Hi,
I'm using OE 6.00.2900.2180. I frequently re-use OE newsgroup message
content. Rather than edit | copy | paste, I would like to save a newsgroup
message as a .nws file in a folder on my hard drive. When I am ready to
re-use it, I double-click it to open the message. My problem is that after I
double-click the message and it opens, I cannot address the message to a
different newsgroup . The newsgroup header line is grayed-out (disabled) and
states "not specified". I know that there is a way to be able to open the
files so that they can be re-addressed to a different newsgroup. I just
can't remember what folder setting, permission, IE or OE option(s) needs to
be set in order to do so. Has anyone else run into this scenario?
Old August 16th 06, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

See http://www.insideoe.com/tips/templates.htm and
http://www.insideoe.com/index.html#kb911567
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old August 16th 06, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Thank you so much!!! I uninstalled KB911567 and the problem disappeared. I
was really having trouble understanding why. Again, thank you very, very
much. Now, if you could tell me why my laptop will no longer log into my
office domain....:-)

Old August 17th 06, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

ditto

Tom Willett wrote:
Roadrunner abuse.