Problems re-activating OE - help needed.

Old August 15th 06, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default Problems re-activating OE - help needed.

In trying to resolve a speed issue with my ISP I've had to chop and
change between old and new routers. Whilst I can get on line with IE
via my broadband connection I can't get on line with OE. Whenever I
try to do anything i.e. Tools Get Next 300 Messages a dial up
connection box appears. With an always on BB connection I have no need
to dial up.

How do I re-jig OE such that it uses the same always on BB connection
as IE?

I appreciate this is probably very simple, but it's something I do
once in a blue moon, so am apt to forget between times.

Old August 15th 06, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Tools | Options | General. If My computer is not connected at this time - Do
not connect.

Check your settings in these areas also, and make sure there is no
indication of using Dial-up.

Tools | Options | Connection.

Tools | Accounts | Mail & News | Properties | Connection.

Control Panel | Network Connections.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

ups.com...

Old August 15th 06, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

wrote in message
ups.com...
In trying to resolve a speed issue with my ISP I've had to chop and
change between old and new routers. Whilst I can get on line with IE
via my broadband connection I can't get on line with OE. Whenever I
try to do anything i.e. Tools Get Next 300 Messages a dial up
connection box appears. With an always on BB connection I have no need
to dial up.

How do I re-jig OE such that it uses the same always on BB connection
as IE?

I appreciate this is probably very simple, but it's something I do
once in a blue moon, so am apt to forget between times.

Tools | Accounts
For each account click Properties | Connection and uncheck the "Always
connect to this account using ..." option.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com