Outlook Express missing

Old July 9th 06, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Micheal

Default Outlook Express missing

My outlook express 6.0 suddenly went missing. The program file is not to be
found anywhere on the computer, even after using the search function. Only
the address book is available on the desktop and the program file folder.

However, when I opened Microsoft Outlook, and tried to import my mail from
outlook express, it managed to get all my mails and address as well as mail
accoutn settings from somewhere.

I am unable to re-install IE or outlook express, as I am using the IE7 beta
version and the installation file refuses to let me re-install outlook
express.

Please let me know if there is any way in which I can get outlook express to
work again.

My operating system is windows XP home, I have a P4 machine. Thanks in
advance.
Old July 9th 06, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
DGuess

You searched for msimn.exe?
That is the real name of Outlook Express.

Old July 9th 06, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

[...]

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

Old July 9th 06, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Micheal

I hadn't originally. After you suggested it, I did another search, and found
2 files, "26_MSIMN" under "C:\WINDOWS\Packs\SysFiles", and another "msimn"
under "C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386". If I try to open "26_MSIMN" it
comes out with the error message "outlook express could not be started
becasue MSOE.DLL could not be found. Outlook Express may not be installed
correctly"

However, if I open "msimn", outlook express opens but does not display the
splash screen with outlook express 6, instead it displays a linux icon in a
splash screen.

Can I continue using the "msimn" program, or should I do something else?

Old July 9th 06, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
DGuess

It should be in Program Files\Outlook Express

If not, see Frank's reply