Unable to export address book

Old May 3rd 06, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
grinder

Default Unable to export address book

With the address book opened and "file" from the menu is selected, "import"
and "export" are not highlighted.

I CAN export as a text file from the main menu but that is useless.

Any ideas?

Old May 3rd 06, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Is MS Office and/or MS Outlook also installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old May 4th 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
grinder

Yes to both.

I was able to do it in the past. Then I ran an update and I lost a saved
folder and the address book. Luckily I had it backed up and only lost a
couple of days worth of data. I am now going to be more vigilant in backing
up the address book.

Old May 5th 06, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

1. A recent update for OE/Address Book (911567) has been causing problems
for many, but certainly not all users. You may be one of them. Uninstall
"Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)" via Add/Remove Programs, reboot
& see if the issue persists. If not...

2. Do you have this Registry key?...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\WAB
\WAB4

If not, STOP; If so, is there a DWORD named UseOutlook (NB: no space) and is
its value set to 1 (one)?

If not, STOP; If so, Address Book is configured to share contacts with
Outlook, even if you don't use it (can happen with the install of Office).
Change the value to 0 (zero) and all should be well. (If that DWORD is not
present, don't create it, and don't alter any other DWORD values.)

Note that any changes (additions, deletions, edits) made while sharing was
enabled will not be available (displayed) in Address Book when sharing is
disabled.

cf. http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm#share

Old May 11th 06, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
grinder

"PA Bear" wrote in message
[...]

That worked!!! Thank you very much. I did not have the update you
mentioned (unable to identify in add/remove programs). In any case I have
turned off "automatic updates."

Something happened which resulted in this value being changed as well as
removing one of my e-mail folders.

Old May 12th 06, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Íõ²Ê

ojoijoj
"grinder" . earthlink.net...