Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta & Windows Messenger

Old April 12th 06, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Djc_74

Default Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta & Windows Messenger

Hi
Have just downloaded Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta and like the look of it
very much. Have one minor problem however; when logging on it automatically
logs me into windows messenger (which I don't want it to do) but I can't
access it's sub-menus in toolswindows messengeretc to stop it from doing
this automatically because it's shaded in the menu.

I have Messenger Beta on my PC too but having the settings on this set to my
preferences doesn't seem to stop Live Mail Desktop from logging me on,
irrespective of whether I'm logged on or off or set to appear 'as offline'
with Messenger Beta.

Any suggestions?
Old April 12th 06, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

None, because that's the way it's designed to work. If you look at your
contacts, you'll see that the only contacts available are those in your
Messenger profile.

There are more appropriate newsgroups for discussion about this program and
you should post questions, suggestions, problems, etc., to those newsgroups
as outlined at the same link where you obtained the program assuming you are
an authorized beta tester for the program.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Old April 12th 06, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Roland Bierlein

Buenas noches: *Djc_74* escribió:

Have just downloaded Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta

Where? It should not be publicly available! I'd strongly advise you to
_not_ use illegal software.

If you are indeed a member of the private Beta, then you should know
about Connect and the private newsgroups where all issues should be
*exclusively* discussed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Saludos
Roland
--
Probleme mit OE? Hier gibt es die Lösungen: http://oe-faq.de!

"Der Mensch ist nur dadurch ein Mensch,
daß er sich weigert, passiv zu bleiben." (S. de Beauvoir)
Old April 12th 06, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Djc_74

OK that's fine. It's no big deal it just would be nice to at least have the
option for a private log on/quick email check without having co-workers see
i'm on line and suddenly bombard me with stuff (as even if i change my status
to appear offline asap they can still see the log on).

By the way, I am a genuine Beta tester but the help links for most of the
Beta stuff rarely work.

Thanks.

Old April 12th 06, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

"Djc_74" wrote in message
OK that's fine. It's no big deal it just would be nice to at least have
the
option for a private log on/quick email check without having co-workers
see
i'm on line and suddenly bombard me with stuff (as even if i change my
status
to appear offline asap they can still see the log on).

You should be able to modify your Contacts ability to be seeing your online
status via the Privacy tab in Messenger, depending on version installed.

Old June 6th 06, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
harinder

I have a problem when i try to use live mail desktop beta.It gives me a error
sayin it cant initinalize some mailsomething.dll file....plz contact microsoft
..plz help

Old June 7th 06, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Support for WMLDb is being offered in this Vista newsgroup (Don't ask):
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org