Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

Old November 12th 10, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
richard

Default Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
have his head slapped a little.
His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
render the email.

Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
Thank you.

Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.
Old November 12th 10, 09:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Desk Rabbit

On 12/11/2010 05:15, richard wrote:
A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
have his head slapped a little.
His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

You are the only one making the claim that OE opens mail in IE.

In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
render the email.

And you never will and nor will anybody else. The problem is that you
are just too stupid to understand what has been explained to you by many
people. OE uses the IE engine to render HTML mail.

Oh and while we are at it, Rich text and HTML are not the same thing.

Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
Thank you.

Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.

It's a reputation you have earned and only a fool would go into another
group to spread that reputation. QED.

Old November 12th 10, 09:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Brian Cryer[_3_]

"richard" wrote in message
A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
have his head slapped a little.
His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

The truth is somewhere between the two:

1. Both IE and OE use the same browser *component* to render HTML emails.
(If you develop software then you can use the same componet in your
application to render html, its very versatile.)

2. If you click on a link and it opens in a browser, then whether that's IE
or FF or something else depends on your set-up, although it will be IE by
default.

In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
render the email.
Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?

I don't think this attitude helps you (or the person you are conversing
with). Children might slap each other around a bit, but as an adult (which I
assume you are) you should be above that. I do understand that at times we
all get aggrevated, but language like that will only loose you respect.
"slap" and "ignorant fool" are terms used by trolls, so best to avoid
anything like that or the emotive content they suggest, especially in an
open public forum.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Old November 12th 10, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Your choice of subject line already indicates you don't understand.
"open with browsers" ??

richard the st00pid wrote:

A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs
to have his head slapped a little. His claim is that Outlook Express
emails will automatically open in IE

I/we never said that, St00pid. I said OE uses the IE *engine* to display
HTML email in OE. Nobody said the mail opens in an *IE window*.

because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE
handles html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as
fact.

In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open
and render the email.

Since you won't believe various reputable references posted for you to
read on exactly how OE displays HTML email, why would you believe anyone
in these other groups you've subjected to your stupidity?

Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a
bit? Thank you.

Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will
advise you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.

Your reputation and ignorance is legendary.

--
-bts
Old November 12th 10, 12:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
G. Morgan

richard wrote:

A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
have his head slapped a little.
His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

That's because you're wrong.

In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
render the email.

It doesn't have to. IE integrates right into OLE, just like it does with
Windows Explorer.

Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
Thank you.

Heh!

Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
you of MY reputation and ignorance.

Something you don't deny I see.

Ignore them.

Can we at least tell them your name? It's RtS (Richard the St00pid)
Old November 12th 10, 01:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
The Old Sourdough

richard mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
have his head slapped a little.

Prepare to have *your* head slapped.

His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
because IE handles html.

That claim was never made.

I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

No, OE uses the IE rendering engine to process HTML emails, but,
since the explanation you were mgiven used polysyllabic words, and
was above your reading comprehension level, which never got beyond
the "See Jane run" level, you wouldn't be expected to understand.

In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
render the email.

Nobody except you has stated that IE would open.

Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
Thank you.

Prepare to be slapped, St00pid.

Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.

I am sure everyone reading your posts is
well aware of your reputation and ignorance.

--
The Old Sourdough
I just had my entire INTESTINAL TRACT coated with TEFLON!
Old November 12th 10, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Steve Cochran

Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS killed its
NGs.

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the display window
for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the View messages in plain
text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like window to display the text and
eliminates the IE window. That change was made in XP SP2 for "security"
purposes.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Old November 12th 10, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Desk Rabbit

On 12/11/2010 13:41, Steve Cochran wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

It's evident that you haven't come across richard before, the resident
idiot of 24hoursupport.helpdesk

The self same explanation was given to him in that group but he chose to
wander into this group to demonstrate to even more people how wrong he is.

We apologise for this intrusion into your newsgroup by our resident
idiot. We have ordered a larger and shorter chain with a free straitjacket.
Old November 12th 10, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Bucky Breeder[_2_]

Steve Cochran opined this branch thusly:

Well, I guess the civility level of this thread
indicates why MS killed its NGs.

Maybe it was because of all the non-contributing kibitzers
who have the big-shot opinions on everything except what
they were asked about in the first place! Or not...

M$ killed its NGs because of all the ghaa-hay-tarded MS-MVP
impersonators running around acting all ghaa-hay and retarded.
And if M$ would have wanted that, they would have just
named themselves "Apple" and call their lame-as compooters
"Macs" and had "Gurus" instead of the MS-MVP Tard Club hanging
around NGs because they can't get a job at M$, so they act
all ghaa-hay and retarded to make all the n00bies confused
more than when they posted in the first place. Terrible
turn of events. Just terrible...

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky "Local Big Shot & Smart Guy" Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
Old November 12th 10, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Bucky Breeder[_2_]

Desk Rabbit intercepted the Hail Mary thusly:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

It's evident that you haven't come across richard before, the resident
idiot of 24hoursupport.helpdesk

The self same explanation was given to him in that group but he chose to
wander into this group to demonstrate to even more people how wrong he
is.

We apologise for this intrusion into your newsgroup by our resident
idiot. We have ordered a larger and shorter chain with a free
straitjacket.

Please put electrodes calibrated for "RtS" aka "st00pid"'s
level of perception on the collar so s/he can have some
"aversion therapies" everytime s/he even *thinks* about
speaking or posting.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;