browsers cannot connect

Old May 27th 06, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default browsers cannot connect

I have a WinXP box that is part of a lan, hooked to a router, using
broadband cable. I cannot connect with either IE or firefox. I can ping
the dns IPs that my ISP provides, though. Also, I was able to get
AdAware updates. I just cant surf!
pete lynch

Old May 27th 06, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a WinXP box that is part of a lan, hooked to a router, using
broadband cable. I cannot connect with either IE or firefox. I can ping
the dns IPs that my ISP provides, though. Also, I was able to get
AdAware updates. I just cant surf!
pete lynch

Winsock may be damaged:
LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks (all Windows
versions)
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
Directions he http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
WinXP:
Get WinSockxpFix
How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
WinXP SP2: You can go to Start | Run and type
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
"Anyone who prefers security over freedom deserves neither."

Old May 27th 06, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Thank you. WinSockxpFix worked like a charm.
pete lynch

Old May 28th 06, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you. WinSockxpFix worked like a charm.
pete lynch

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM