Toolbar Buttons

Old June 25th 10, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
don

Default Toolbar Buttons

I am running Windows XP Professional/SP3, IE 8.0, and Outlook Express 6.0 on
my laptop. My toolbar has the following problems when Outlook Express is
running:
1. The row containing Create Mail/Reply/Reply All/ etc. is spread out not
leaving enough room for all buttons.
2. On the right end of the row described above is the button File with
leading to View/Tools/Messages/Help. This entire group of buttons belongs in
a separate row above the Create Mail row, where it used to be; but I can't
move it there.
How do I get the File row where it belongs and how do I get the Create Mail
row to where it is no longer spread out?
Thank you!
--
Don
Old June 25th 10, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen[_4_]

That is a well known bug that has been around almost as long as OE. It
will never be fixed as OE has been out of production for four years now,
and even before that, the dev team said they could not reproduce the
problem in order to fix it.

Either close and open OE, or push the toolbar up and then back down with
the cursor. Smaller icons and removing any unneeded ones help a bit.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old June 25th 10, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
don

Steve:
Thank you for your response, but I didn't understand your comment about

Old June 25th 10, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
don

Bruce:
Changing the size of the toolbar icons did not affect the spacing of the
buttons; and all the buttons in the toolbar are frequently used so I don't
want to remove them. Also tried dragging the File/View/Tools/etc. to the top
to create a separate row of buttons (as it was before), and that didn't work.
Stuck?
--
Don

.

Old June 26th 10, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen[_4_]

Any fix you do is only going to be temporary. Small icons and removing the
text just lets more buttons when stretched.

My suggestion, also only temporary, was to push the toolbar up and back
down. Grab the bottom of the toolbar with the cursor when you see the
double arrow and just push it up and pull it back down. Now, the buttons
are their normal size. How long? A few minutes. A few days. WYSIWYG.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]