Toolbar Buttons Too Wide

Old December 19th 08, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
John Pollard

Default Toolbar Buttons Too Wide

Suddenly, my OE6 toolbar buttons are so wide (over 2 inches) that only half
the buttons are visible without clicking the small double arrows () at the
right end of the toolbar: all selected buttons normally all fit fine.
(Small icons are selected.)

I seem to remember seeing this problem several years ago, but have forgotten
what might be done, and can not find any posts in this group covering the
subject.

Is there a fix?

Old December 19th 08, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

That is a bug as old as OE and will never be fixed. Either close and open
OE, or grab the bottom of the toolbar with the double arrow cursor and push
it up and back down.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old December 19th 08, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
John Pollard

Thanks.

I swore I exited OE and restarted before I asked my question, but maybe not.
In any event, exiting and restarting after reading your post did the trick:
it's back to "normal" now.

Is the cause of the bug is known; I mean in a way that would allow me to
avoid it in the future?

Old December 19th 08, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

There is absolutely nothing you can do to avoid it. MS has always said that
they could not "reproduce" the problem and thus they could not fix it. I
usually see it when composing a long message and then going back to the main
window, but it does seem to have a mind of its own.

Old December 19th 08, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

OT but very important!

Your headers (X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180) tell
us that you're running outdated and much less secure versions of OE, IE and
Windows! Check in at Windows Update ASAP!

If you've just reinstalling WinXP, you may need...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net