Blank emails

Old March 30th 06, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Matt Brinton

Default Blank emails

I recently got a new pc with XP media edition and have Outlook Express 6
installed. I get some emails that are blank. What do I need to do to get
this changed. I didn't have this problem with my old OE. Please help

Old March 30th 06, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ted Zieglar

Are you sure the emails are really blank? They may contain transparent GIFs
that confirm to a spammer that your email address is valid.

To check this, examine the message source - do you see HTML formatting?

--
Ted Zieglar
"A fool and his data are soon parted."

Old March 30th 06, 10:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

This may help:

In OE: Tools | Options | Read | Fonts. Choose: Western European (ISO).
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old March 30th 06, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Matt Brinton

Thanks, I tried this but it didn't change anything. When I open the email it
still appears blank.

Old March 30th 06, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Matt Brinton

The emails are not blank. They are test messages that I have sent from my
work email that read...test message.

Old March 31st 06, 01:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

You need to visit Windows Update and download and install all updates marked
as Critical for your system.

Also, visit this website for some added help with the problem:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/blnkmess.htm
--
Jim Pickering, MVP/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup only.

Old March 31st 06, 01:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PopS

Leaving out obviously relevant details like this are exactly the
reason many people don't get good responses to their questions.

You need to read up on how to post to newsgroups.