The current document type cannot be sent as mail

Old March 4th 06, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Teddy Banks

Default The current document type cannot be sent as mail

This has recently started happing, when I try to send a web page, or picture
using Outlook Express, I get the following message: The current document
type cannot be sent as mail, would you like to send a link instead? What
Gives? and how do I fix it, sending a link is unacceptable. Thanks

Old March 4th 06, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Just curious, but why is being courteous in sending a link "not acceptable?" Why should someone have to download a perhaps bloated page with embedded graphics and sound files when a link can be sent? It should be up to the recipient as to whether or not they wish to see the webpage.

Are you aware, you can cut/paste the text from a webpage into a html formatted message? The graphics will not be sent since they require a filepath.

HTML and Stationery
165531 - How to View the HTML Source for Outlook Express Messages
171245 - How to Use Stationery in Outlook Express
180819 - How to Edit Stationery in Outlook Express Using an HTML Editor
174501 - How to Change Reply Font and Line Color in Outlook Express
170968 - How to Insert an HTML Signature in Outlook Express Messages

--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Old March 4th 06, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Short answer: Security issues. Send the link instead.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old March 6th 06, 04:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I have been trying to replicate your problem by changing settings in Tools | Options, and in IE | Tools | Internet Options. As yet, I have not seen the prompt you see. I will keep trying. I have no problem sending a page.

I will point out though, while I have SP2 and all the updates, {Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670}, you do not. {Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180}. So I wouldn't blame it on SP2. Even though you lack some patches, this is not the reason either.

The only exception that comes to mind *IF* this started immediately after installing SP2, is that it was downloaded with your anti-virus program enabled, which may have prevented a clean install.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old March 7th 06, 03:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Email
Handling
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../sp2email.mspx

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Browsing
Security Enhancements
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../sp2brows.mspx

Try saving the webpage or picture to your HDD then try sending it.

Old March 27th 06, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Teddy Banks

Sending links is not the solution, links are sent as attachmnets, lots of
people have the default setting of not opening attachment enabled, thus they
won't see my email, I just want to know how to diable this so called
security feature. Thanks

Old March 27th 06, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

You might have some 3rd party program telling you that, or there's something
broken.

Try going to Control Panel | Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults and
set IE and OE to be default and see if that fixes it.

steve