How to backup and restore recurring outlook calendar events?

Old September 18th 09, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Dave Warren[_2_]

Default How to backup and restore recurring outlook calendar events?

In message "Gordon"
was claimed to have wrote:

"Nathan" wrote in message
There seems to be no way to export recurring events from calendar. You can
export/import a flat csv or excel file of calendar events, but when it
comes
to getting dynamic information from Outlook's calendar it's nonexistent.

And what are you doing with this data outside of Outlook?

Does that matter?

I bumped into this a few times, the first was when I wanted to export a
subset of my calendar to an external scheduling tool in CSV format.

The same problem reared it's head when my patience with some unrelated
design flaws in Outlooks' calendar system finally annoyed me enough that
I moved elsewhere.
Old September 19th 09, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nathan

How does Microsoft expect you to properly backup your Outlook if you can
backup your recurring events? That's ludicrous.

It's funny, most of the discussion about this subject is about exporting
recurring events from Outlook to Google's calendar.

Old September 19th 09, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Gordon[_6_]

"Dave Warren" wrote in message

Does that matter?

Yes it does. If all the OP wants to do is make a backup, then exporting is
NOT the way to do it.

Old September 21st 09, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Nathan" wrote in message

How does Microsoft expect you to properly backup your Outlook if you can
backup your recurring events? That's ludicrous.

That's because import/export is not a proper way to back Outlook up. Just
make a copy of your PST. See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]