Making a Master Calendar

Old September 18th 09, 07:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Pam

Default Making a Master Calendar

I want to create a master calendar where my directors can post their personal
appointments to the master calendar while they are posting them to their own
calendar without retyping or copying the appointments to the master calendar.
Old September 18th 09, 12:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"pam" wrote in message
news
I want to create a master calendar where my directors can post their personal
appointments to the master calendar while they are posting them to their own
calendar without retyping or copying the appointments to the master
calendar.

A public folder can serve well as a "master", but you'll need to write your
own code or purchase a third-party tool to perform the copying between the
public and personal Calendars.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 18th 09, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Pam

Hi Brian

I don't want them to copy the appointment. If we create a public folder
when they make their appointment can they invite the master? Therefore the
owner of the master will accept the appoint and it be posted to bothe their
personal and the master.
Pam

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

news

Old September 18th 09, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"pam" wrote in message

I don't want them to copy the appointment. If we create a public folder
when they make their appointment can they invite the master? Therefore the
owner of the master will accept the appoint and it be posted to bothe their
personal and the master.

The public folder would be the "master".

What I think would work is to create a mail-enabled public Calendar, then
always invite that folder along with the attendees when you create a meeting
invitation. Otherwise, there's no automatic way to have an event populate to
more than one calendar witrhout special code or a third-party tool.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 21st 09, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Pam

Hi Brian

That is what I was thinking - if I create a email address for master, they
can add this address to the attendee that will be added to the master
calendar. Am I on the right track, if not. How do I create a mail-enabled
public calendar? Please forward that information to me anyway.

Thank you so much for your help.

Old September 21st 09, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"pam" wrote in message

That is what I was thinking - if I create a email address for master, they
can add this address to the attendee that will be added to the master
calendar. Am I on the right track, if not. How do I create a mail-enabled
public calendar? Please forward that information to me anyway.

Google "mail enabled public folders" and you'll find lots of information.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]