why is my archive calendar the primary one?

Old August 14th 07, 05:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
R22Flyr

Default why is my archive calendar the primary one?

I have my main calendar in MSN. I seem to have 2 calendars one for Archive
and one for MSN in Outlook 2007. When I activesync to my Axim, it only takes
calendar items from my Archive calendar. This is also what shows up on my To
Do bar on Outlook 2007. How do I use only my MSN filed calendar so I don't
have to keep transferring things to the Archive calendar?

Old August 14th 07, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BillR [MVP]

ActiveSync would be using the default calendar which would need to be in a
local PST. Since the only "local" PST you have is the Archive it is using
that. I suggest you create a local PST (file | New ..) then set it as
default. Your archive should be used only for archiving. Close the archive
after you have set a new local PST as default.

I'm not sure if ActiveSync can be set to use another Calendar but the guys
in the Pocket PC news group will know if it can or if there is other sync
software that will do it.

--
Bill R MVP

Old August 14th 07, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

BillR [MVP] wrote:

I'm not sure if ActiveSync can be set to use another Calendar

It can't.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old August 16th 07, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
R22Flyr

I tried -file, new- to create a new default calendar. It didn't give me an
option to make it the default. I even looked to see if I could delete the
archive calendar. NOPE. I looked at the properties of both my calendars to
see if I could change the MSN one to deault. No option there. I'm stuck

Old August 16th 07, 04:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BillR [MVP]

You can't just set a folder as the default Calendar. You need a default PST
file and to use the Calendar in that as default. Copy your MSN Calendar to
that and then Active Synch will synch with that. Add a PST and set the PST
as default (if you need to). Then close the archive from your profile.

--
Bill R MVP

Old August 16th 07, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

R22Flyr wrote:

I tried -file, new- to create a new default calendar. It didn't give
me an option to make it the default.

You much change the delivery location. I like to use the Mail applet in
Control Panel while Outlook's closed. Click E-mail Accounts there, then
Next. There should be a drop-down at the lower left that's labeled "Deliver
new e-mail to the following location". Change that to be the new PST.
Whatever PST is used for mail delivery will be the PST whose calendar folder
is the default calendar.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]