how do I make 'Calendar in Personal Folders' the primary Calendar

Old March 21st 06, 12:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian J S

Default how do I make 'Calendar in Personal Folders' the primary Calendar

I saved my .pst files to the pc second drive and clean installed XP Pro and
Outlook 2003. I copied the .pst files to C:\Documents and Settings\...\My
Documents. I have managed to get the mail, contacts and calendar to appear in
Outlook but calendar is as 'Calendar in Personal Folders'. There is a second
'Calendar'. When I synchronise my PDA with Outlook it synchs 'Calendar' and
not the one I want - 'Calendar in Personal Folders'. How can I make the
'Calendar in Persoanl Folders' the only and principal 'Calendar'?
Old March 21st 06, 01:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

The Calendar folder in the store (PST file or Exchange mailbox) that your
mail gets delivered to is going to be the default one always. Best bet is to
copy the data from the Calendar folder in the one PST file into the one
that's getting used.

Old March 22nd 06, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Brian J S wrote:

Is there a way to copy all the calendar data in one
hit?

Yes. Display your old calendar in a list view like By Category, select all
the items with CTRL-A and then click EditCopy to Folder, specifying the new
calendar as the destination.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 22nd 06, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian J S

Default how do I make 'Calendar in Personal Folders' the primary Calen

That worked. Thanks.

Old March 23rd 06, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Brian J S Brian J wrote:

That worked. Thanks.

You're welcome.
--
Brian Tillman
Old March 23rd 06, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jay

Brian, Can you tell me how to get the calendar into a "list" view? I have
the same problem as Brian JS, but cannot find a way to change the view so I
can copy it.

"Brian J S" wrote:

That worked. Thanks.

Old March 27th 06, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Jay wrote:

Brian, Can you tell me how to get the calendar into a "list" view? I
have the same problem as Brian JS, but cannot find a way to change
the view so I can copy it.

On the Advanced toolbar, cluick the View drop-down and choose a list format,
like By Category.
--
Brian Tillman