How do I make my PRIMARY Outlook calendar synch up with MSN?

Old February 17th 06, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
derekwar

Default How do I make my PRIMARY Outlook calendar synch up with MSN?

I'm using Outlook Connector to sync up my MSN calendar with my local copy of
Outlook. The problem is that it created a second calendar. Now I have to
manually copy any new calendar items I create from my primary Outlook
calendar to the second calendar created when I set up Outlook Connector. So
far, I've gotten nothing useful from Microsoft Support. They don't seem to
understand the problem.

If you know how to configure Outlook to use it's PRIMARY calendar as THE
calendar when syncing up with an MSN calendar, PLEASE talk to me! Thank you!
Old February 17th 06, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

derekwar wrote:

I'm using Outlook Connector to sync up my MSN calendar with my local
copy of Outlook. The problem is that it created a second calendar.

Where did you create the new calendar? IN a local PST or on MSN's server?
--
Brian Tillman
Old February 17th 06, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
derekwar

So the sequence went like this: I had a computer with Outlook 2003 installed
and Outlook Connector installed so that the two could sync up. I had to
decommission that machine and bought a new one. I installed Office 2003 with
Outlook, then installed Outlook Connector. I expected it to configure things
the same way, meaning that I would see one calendar in Outlook, which would
be sychronized with my MSN calendar. Instead, it created a new calendar in
outlook named after my MSN account and ignored the default Outlook calendar.
Hence, two calendars now, side by side.

So I'm not sure how to answer your question, because I didn't do any of the
creating. I believe that it is treating the MSN calendar as a new calendar
hosted by MSN. Does that make sense to you?

Old February 18th 06, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

derekwar wrote:

So the sequence went like this: I had a computer with Outlook 2003
installed and Outlook Connector installed so that the two could sync
up. I had to decommission that machine and bought a new one. I
installed Office 2003 with Outlook, then installed Outlook Connector.
I expected it to configure things the same way, meaning that I would
see one calendar in Outlook, which would be sychronized with my MSN
calendar. Instead, it created a new calendar in outlook named after
my MSN account and ignored the default Outlook calendar. Hence, two
calendars now, side by side.

Since you pay MSN for the account, your best bet is to ask MSN support.
--
Brian Tillman